8 Using Guideline in the Grinding Abrasive Machine Safety Workstation | Prevent Accidents
1. Check it out before you start the machine, check-up the protective device of the machine and the switch to erase those various movements, whether you know it was adjusted in place and firm or not.
2. The cover should be used. It shall cover at least half of the diameter in the grinding wheel at your workstation.
3. Grinding wheel would be installed in the main shaft of the grinding machine and that must be idle. A good limit of ideal time starts from 5 minutes. And when it is idling, the operator would stand in a safe position, and may not be on the front side or the tangent direction of the grinding wheel.
4. When using, use the excircle surface as the working surface grinding wheel, forbid to use the flank grinding, lest the grinding wheel is broken.
5. In grinding, lever pressing is prohibited from increasing the pressure on the grinding wheel.
6. When grinding or finishing a grinding wheel, the amount of feed shall be adequate and the grinding wheel shall be trimmed with special dressing tools. Wear protective tools at the same time.
7. Before the grinding wheel stops rotating, the coolant should be closed, and the grinding wheel continues to rotate until the grinding fluid is left out so as not to affect the balance performance of the grinding wheel.
8. Forbid to use the grinding fluid that is destructive to the grinding tool bond. Do not use coolant at temperatures below 0 degrees Celsius.
Blog Link: 8 points common knowledge of grinding wheel safety